
As many of you already know, yesterday was Tato's baby blessing and it went really well. Mom wanted alot of pictures posted up here because she misses the little cutie so I hope I got some good ones. She smiled alot yesterday but just won't smile for the camera! I got one of her smiling but her face is, of course, covered in goo in that one. I'll post it anyways. So the day started early at 7:30 (that is early for me). She woke us up at almost exactly 7:30 so it turns out we didn't need to set our alarms. We got her all ready and went to the church and I kept praying and praying that she wouldn't poop on the dress. We've been having a little bit of an issue with explosive poopies all over outfits so . . . I was nervous to say the least. We had a little scare right before the opening hymn but Terry had her changed into a clean diaper by the end of the second verse (he's such a pro : ) and she happily avoided the dress. Nathan did a great job on the blessing, and all of my wonderful brothers, my brother-in-law, and my best friend's husband stood in the the circle. It was a great experience. And of course I worried a bunch the night before for nothing!

This is Tato's blessing dress and my talented sister Jessica made it for her. It's funny how you can have an older sister that you don't see very often but she completely gets your style anyways! I love this dress! I love everything about it! I love the length, the fabric, the sleeves, the feel of it. It was absolutely perfect for my little girl. I kinda wish I had another excuse to put her in it. But then I guess it wouldn't be her "blessing dress" anymore, it would just be her dress.




After all the pictures we got her out of the dress to avoid the aforementioned problem. Terry looks so dashing in his suit. And Tato is always content when she is in her Daddy's arms.

After the blessing we were so tuckered out we went home and had jammie time.
Goo on the face picture, but hey at least she's smiling. : )

Oh no, someone doesn't want to take a nap.
Problem solved; thank goodness for binkies. Out cold.

Well it was a long tiring day but it was also alot of fun and it went really well. Thanks to everyone who could make it. We're so lucky to have such a supportive family!
7 comments:
I cried not being able to hold little Tato. She is getting so cute.
awww these pictures are soo cute!! you should get her into her dress once more and i'd totally take pictures :}.
anyways you guys are a cute family, way adorable. and the picture where she is crying is beyond funny, i'm just gunna throw that out there...
Marshall says-
"I love all cheeks, in this world or the next."
and now he's playing wow again.
okay! im out. peace and cookies and stuff :}
What a beautiful day and a perfect dress. Your sister is very talented. My little girl used to have problems with "blow outs" as well. Sometimes you just go through multiple outfits a day. I am happy to tell you, however, that it seems she has stopped doing that. You should write about how your little girl her name "Tato."
Thanks Nena, I'll have to take you up on that.
And Jess, Terry would just talk to my tummy and say things like, "Tato, stop kicking mommy" and stuff like that and it just kinda stuck. So we've just been calling her that ever since. We actually call her that more than her real name but I'm sure that will change when she's not a baby anymore. ;) It's really funny to hear her grandparents call her tato though. : )
Thanks for all the photos. It's the next best thing to being there. What a cute, fat baby. She almost didn't fit the dress, it looked like.
Awww what a cute dress! She looks so cute! I can't wait to come down there and see you guys, I want to meet my new niece! Your sister did an awesome job on the dress and on the bedding set. I was wondering where you got it when I saw the pics, but apparently I can't run out to the store and buy something similar. :)
never could turn down some tasty tato skins...
Post a Comment