Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby's New Bed

Well our little girl has been sleeping in a pack n' play for two months while my mom lived with us but now that mom has moved out we have started setting up a nursery for Tato. We haven't gotten much done yet as Terry has been working alot, but the crib set my sister made for us (yes, the same sister who made her blessing dress) is just too cute to wait, and I had to show it off now. (I swear our baby would be dressed in potato sacks and sleeping on a pile of garbage if it weren't for my sister )


I wanted lady bugs because I'm a big fan of red and green. For some reason I have never been that interested in an all pink nursery. So Jessica followed through and made this lovely bedding set. To find out more details about this, and other projects she is working on go to her blog, The Bossy Quilter.

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Thanks for posting such sweet pics. I miss that baby soooo much. I can't wait to get my thesis ready to defend so I can come and see her.

One mom said...

What a beautiful blanket set and crib. Your sister is very talented. I remember I had a hard time letting Courtney sleep in her own room. Was that hard for you? I think I am just a big baby myself. If it weren't for my husband, she probably would have slept in my room until she was six months old!

Terry and Alice said...

Wow I was just the opposite. I had total anxiety when the baby slept in my room and every little peep she let out I woke up for. Needless to say I got no sleep and then I had even more anxiety from lack of sleep. So it was just better to get her out of our room. That way I don't worry so much. : )

Jessica Christensen said...

You're so crazy, Alice. You have lots of other clothes and blankets for that child. She would be beautifully dressed and swaddled even without me, but I'm glad you like the set. Wish I could hold that sweetie baby.

Terry and Alice said...

That's true. She is a pretty spoiled baby to have so many friends and faily that dote on her and make her things.

Néna said...

wow...she made that?!?! that is amazing, and not to mention absolutely adorable :}