This weekend we celebrated Terry's birthday. For lunch we went to Fuddruckers (he loves that place), and then we went home to open presents and eat cake and ice cream. Last year I made a cake from scratch but I decided the difference in taste wasn't worth all the effort so this time I made one from a box, although I did make cream cheese frosting from scratch which is definitely worth the extra effort. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, mmmmm his favorite. Then for dinner I made him chicken tetrazzini.
I also made him a card (pictured above) that I found on a really fun crafting blog, How About Orange. I saw the tutorial for this card and I thought is was so cute that I had to make it. Mine clearly isn't as good a hers but hey, I'm getting better at this crafting thing.
Anyways, I hope he had a great day filled with yummy food and lots of fun!






5 comments:
Bahahahhaha that resturant name is hilarious ....
sounds like a good day!
What a cute card! You know I love home made stuff. Very creative.
Nice card but I want a picture of Terry...
Don't you get so much joy out of making things from scratch. (okay, maybe I'm a nerd for getting so excited about stuff like that). Whether it be food, or cards or what have you. They mean so much more !! It made me smile when I saw your homemade card. I can't remember the last time I BOUGHT a card. They are always home made from me. I'm sure Terry appreciated ALL your effort and the best part was being w/ his three favorite girls. You're a cutie Alice :)
Look at you getting all crafty and domestic. You just keep getting more skilled each year. Happy Birthday to Terry!
Post a Comment