Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good Morning . . .

So at 5 am the neighbor's alarm clock started going off. I don't usually hear it because when they are home, I'm assuming they shut it right off. But this morning it kept going and going . . . and going. I had Terry go ring the doorbell aggressively, but alas, no one was home. Ok, so how long can one of these things go off? Surely not more than 15 minutes, 30 minutes tops right? No, the answer is . . . 2 hours. I was this close to smashing their window with a baseball bat just so I could unplug the dang thing. What kind of stupid alarm clock company is this? What kind of human being needs an alarm to go off for two hours straight? If you can't hear it after a few minutes you are either not home or dead. These particular alarm clocks must have been created to be used as some sort of torture device to get people to talk. . . "I swear I don't have any information . . . just please please . . . make it stop!"

When it didn't stop after 30 minutes I for sure thought it would stop at 1 hour. Nope . . . I tried putting a pillow over my head but even that didn't drown out the noise. I was getting frantic because I knew my babies would get up any time now and I had only gotten very little sleep. I don't deal well with lack of sleep . . .

At 6:45 I was about ready to burst into tears so I got up and decided to get a shower in before the girls woke up. I got out at 7:03 and . . . silence. Ahhhhhh.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Yah, I agree. I would sue the alarm clock company. Unfortunately, I have left my alarm on sometimes when I got up early and left home or gotten in the shower. I am sure the neighbors felt like you did.

Néna said...

oh my GOSH ..that sucks...and is terrible, I don't know about you but I probably would have broken the window ;} hahahaha