Friday, September 11, 2009

Red Square (not the one in Russia)


Oh my goodness where to begin. Yeah it's been two months since I've blogged anything! I just haven't wanted to for some reason. Not like I haven't had time. Well I'm just gonna break it up into a few shorter posts. This one will be about Tato's red square. She absolutely loves satin, and there happens to be two red satin squares on the quilt that Jessica helped me make. Anytime she is near that blanket she searches for the red square, sticks her thumb in her mouth, and strokes the red square. At first I just thought it was the color, but later I noticed her doing the same thing at night with her crib blankie (which has two pink satin squares). Now sometimes it is the only thing that will calm her down when she throws a fit. Just throw the blanket over your shoulder making sure the red square is positioned on your shoulder and she'll lay on you and suck her thumb. It's really quite funny I think.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

So precious!

Jessica Christensen said...

Oh, that's hilarious! Michael had a satin-edged blankie when he was little, and he would run it up and down his arm to go to sleep.

Tricia S. said...

I love when you have a for sure way to calm them down.

Anonymous said...

I see tato frankly admitting her problem in the blanket picture, she knows she's weird and she's not going to hide it hahahha