Friday, September 11, 2009

Tato's First Birthday!


So Tato's Birthday was a month ago, and I'm just barely blogging about it! That's it, I'm fired as this household's blogger. Anyways, her birthday went really well and we were so excited to have the whole family there. (well almost the whole family, missed you guys who couldn't be there) We had a BBQ (my favorite) and then we had cake and opened presents, and then we visited while the kids (and the bigger kids : ) played football. It was perfect weather and a great day.




Here is Tato eating her cake. As you can see she is really enjoying it. Well, until mommy takes away the candle that is.

Yeah, she is not happy. She cried for quite awhile after I took the candle away, not realizing that the cake in front of her is still ripe for the picking.

Then someone had the ingenious idea of giving her a spoon, which she was quite happy about.

She then happily proceeded to smooth down the cake for about 15 more minutes. There are too many cute cake pictues to post, but here are just a few more.


4 comments:

Marsha said...

Where's the hose? Wow she must hae been on a sugar high all night. Did she share or eat the whole thing herself? It was fun to hear everyone laughing.

Terry and Alice said...

Terry gave her a bath right after. And she actually wasn't too hyper later, really tired actually. And we had a second cake for everyone else so she didn't have to share, but no, she didn't eat the whole thing lol.

Anonymous said...

it was so pitiful when she cried about the candle being taken away, I just felt bad for her... all messy and everyone laughing at her and so forth... well, she got over it so I'm happy now.

Marsha said...

I was looking at all the pictures again and Lot said; "I want to hear that one." He loves the one of Violet eating cake. So do I. She is a funny girl. I can't wait to see her again. Is she walking yet?