This weekend we celebrated Terry's birthday. I took him out for lunch to his favorite restaurant and then for dinner I packed a picnic and we had an indoor picnic (it's still a little too cold for an outside one). It was a lot of fun. I decided to try to make a lemon cake with lemon frosting from scratch and it turned out pretty good. It doesn't look very fancy, but it tasted pretty yummy. It was kinda fun to try my hand at baking but I can't see myself doing all that work very often when they make perfectly good cake mixes that take half the time to make and to be honest seem to cost less too (unless you cook a lot and have all the ingredients on hand I'm sure).
5 things that I love about Terry
1. He works hard. When he lost his job last year he didn't get discouraged. He went out and had another job within a week. He always puts his most into each job he does and doesn't try to get away with slacking at work.
2. He is generous. He is always willing to help people even when he doesn't have the time. He gets up with the baby when I am too tired and is always willing to help me clean when I feel overwhelmed. He always thinks about others and rarely thinks of himself.
3. He is handy. He knows just enough about computers, cars and power tools so I know if something minor breaks we won't get ripped off trying to get it fixed.
4. He is funny. One of the first things about him I fell in love with was his sense of humor. He is very witty and always says the funniest things in the most unexpected moments.
5. He is hot. Well . . . he is.
Happy Birthday Terry!






4 comments:
Wow, the cake actually looks really good..but that could be because i dont have food hahaha. But seriously, your weekend sounded fun, and i like the indoor picnic idea...fun stuff! Happy late Birthday Terry, and good job at the Cooking Alice!
glad you guys are doing well!
-Nena
Happy Birthday Terry! Hope you had a great day! The cake looks great Alice, good job.
wow, what a great fun day. Alice, you are really becoming a wonderful girl. Of course, I always knew you were and I am grateful that you are my daughter. I agree that you got a wonderful husband. Thanks, Terry, for being the man that you are. I can attest to the generousity, too.
Happy Birthday Terry. Way to go with the cake Alice. How old is your baby now? I think she has as many teeth as my daughter and she is 13 months old. It seems like it takes her a couple of months to push each tooth through!
Post a Comment