I have a very strange baby.For about a month now we have been feeding her baby food in addition to her usual before bed breast milk. Our pediatrician told us to start her on veggies first, and then go to fruit after a full cycle of all the veggies. I guess once babies try the deliciousness that is fruit, well, they don't really want veggies after that. So we went through all the veggies, doing each one at least 3 days in a row. She loved all the new flavors. With each new veggie she would make a little face like she was trying to decide what she thought, and then her face flew forward, mouth wide open hoping for more veggie goodness. I did peas last because I was worried she would hate them (I mean who really likes peas?), but she gobbled them up just like the rest.
So tonight was the big night . . . her first night of fruit. She looked on with anticipation as I opened the lid to the tasty smelling bananas. I was completely doubled over in laughter at her reaction to the first taste. Sputtering, twisted facial features, dry heaves. She was NOT digging the bananas. I tried a few more spoonfuls just to make sure it wasn't just the initial shock of something so sweet but no, she hated it, every last bite. I tried mixing it with some rice cereal (which she normally enjoys) and she wouldn't eat that either. She made sure to push every last bit out of her mouth with her tongue. I just couldn't stop laughing. So I warmed up some green beans and she happily chomped away.






3 comments:
Hahahaha, wait till she gets to cake and ice cream!! XD
haha just kidding. but at least she likes her veggies right?
At that age, my daughter - who would previously eat anything - would not eat bananas. I don't know why she wouldn't like the sweet fruit. Now, however, bananas (next to grapes) are her favorite food. Keep trying and one day she will probably like it.
This made me laugh so hard. I remember with Jennifer we just started feeding her cereal first and she liked that but we never thought to introduce the others one at a time. I actually started her on fruit and vegies at the same time and she didn't like the fruit at all. She never acquired a taste for fruit as a baby or later. She does eat fruit now. I have tasted baby food peas, beans, etc. and it just tastes nasty to me. Something like ground up cardboard. The really good baby fruit is orange, and peach with tapioca. The gagging reflex in babies is not fun to watch because you are sure the whole thing is going to come out.
Post a Comment