Friday, October 14, 2011

My First Furniture Redo

I forgot to take a true Before and After. This is as close to before as I could remember to get. It was orange on the inside and black painted over the orange on the outside. This particular piece of furniture was purchased at the DI by my mother to house all her sheet music, and since her piano lives at our house, so does her sheet music. It's been in my house for well over two years and for some reason I suddenly decided I wanted to paint it and cover the shelves, even though I have no knowledge of how to do such a thing. Terry and I spent the next two days sanding, priming, painting and shopping for fabric and a knob to go on the drawer. It was pretty fun to see it go from heap of ugly plywood to something I am excited to have in my home.

Before




After



Now what else can I redo . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is creative! looks cute, wish I could do something like that haha.

Kylee said...

awesome! I am so impressed!! It looks great!

Jebbie said...

That looks awesome!! Nice work.

Jessica Christensen said...

Looks great!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

That is darling Alice :) Good job !!

Lisa said...

Holy cow! That looks fantastic! Great job, Alice!