Saturday, July 16, 2011

4th of July Vacation & Other Mischief

I guess it's high time I updated the blog. Here is what we've been up to.

Olie got caught coloring on the wall.

I made sure the punishment fit the crime.

Tato got her first haircut ever!

Before

After (I haven't gotten a very good after pic yet)

We went up to my hometown for the 4th of July weekend. It was pretty exciting since I haven't been back up there in 6 years. We did lots of things while we were there. Alot has changed but my favorite Chinese restaurant was still there so we got to eat there. Yum yum yum! I got to see a few people I used to work with at the Albertsons.

I got to see my best friend from High School and Tato and Olie got to play with her kids.

We got to walk around the greenbelt and Tato got to feed the geese.

Tato enjoyed every second of the walk.


Olie not so much.

The night of the fourth we got a really great seat for the fireworks(or what we thought was a really great seat) on the lawn of someone in my dad's ward.
We had fun with the glow bracelets and necklaces that Roger, Cassie, Dad and Ginni all bought.

And then here is some of the debris we got hit with. The first 5 minutes of the show were spectacular; best seat ever. Then Terry mentioned that he thought he got hit with something and I kind of shrugged it off. Then I got hit about an inch below my eye with something moving really fast and the rest was pretty much ruined for me. I didn't want my babies getting hit (and for heaven sakes I didn't want to get hit again), so I spent the rest of the show covering my children and my eyes. I got hit a few more times but not in the face again so it wasn't so bad. A guy a few feet in front of us got hit with a piece that was still on fire. After he put the fire out he laughed it off. I guess I'm just not that adventurous. I'll sit further away next time, thanks.
Hope everyone has had a great July so far!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Looks like you had lots of fun but good grief where did you sit ro get that kind of debris hitting you. I've sat on the grass by the freeway bridge before and never got hit.
Thanks for sharing pictures of the fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you guys look so awesome. Alice you have a wonderful little family. If you ever are bored and wanna chat, I'd LOVE to talk to you. I got a new phone and lost your number but if you would like to chat just e-mail me and I'd love to get it again! Or if that's too weird just ignore this :} hahahaha
e-mail: Ba.nena@hotmail.com