Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthdays!

While Terry and I both had birthdays since I last blogged, our camera broke before my birthday so I figured I'd combine the posts since their are no pictures of mine. For Terry's birthday we went out to eat wherever he wanted for both lunch and dinner. We also went mini golfing and then in the evening we watched a movie of his choice, and I wasn't aloud to veto. He uses those occasions to watch old silly movies that he used to love and this time wasn't an exception. I made him a pretty boring cake. But it still tasted good.


When he woke up that morning he saw this on his desk (table). He always eats his skittles separated by color and he always says it would be easier if he just had jars with them separated (because he loves and eats skittles so much). I am shocked that they are almost gone . . . It took three giant bags to fill those jars.

Anyways, on the bottom of each jar was a number 1-5 and on his gifts were numbers 1-5. Some were gag gifts (but still fun) because come on, I can't afford 5 nice gifts : ). So throughout the day he would pick color and then open the corresponding gift. The girls really loved this because he let them pick the color for him and then help him open the presents. All in all I think he had fun.

My birthday was very nice too. For lunch we went to Pirate Island which I love. I pretend we just go for the girls but secretly I love it. Then I got a massage and got my toenails painted. That's pretty much all I ever want for my birthday because lately it's much needed. I don't need more stuff in my life I need more . . . something else. Massages . . . and pretty toenails.

I also got an uber nice spice rack which I'm pretty excited about since I have been cooking more. I will be adding a few recipes to the blog every once in awhile just for fun. It's always nice to have new meal ideas I think. Then Terry took me out to dinner, while the girls got to play with their cousins. Terry made me a much less boring cake than I made him, but sadly there is no photographic evidence.

2 comments:

Jebbie said...

Your birthday gift is awesome!!! I am so impressed and feel the need to step up my game on Jeff's next birthday!

Marsha said...

I love the skittle idea and a massage is such a great gift for women now.