Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July

Our 4th of July holiday was a great one this year. Although I do miss the fireworks show in Idaho Falls, I still always have a great time on our country's independence day. On July 3rd we decided to go see what kind of festivities there were around town and we ended up at the Freedom Festival . We initially went because the website said there would be a lot of free things to do (which there wasn't) but we had a good time anyways. We wanted to get Tato's face painted but there was an uber long line so we changed our mind. We walked around and looked at all the stuff people were selling. There were a lot of cute things. We also went to a booth where you dress your little girl up like a fairy and a photographer takes her picture (this picture was taken by us, not the photographer). Tato was really good and looked so cute!

They also had an area sectioned off with a colonial theme. Everyone in that area was crafting things like they did in the olden days. There was a guy making candles, all sorts of seamstresses and people doing something with muskets. I only took one picture though (see above) . This lady was making lace by hand! For some reason I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I felt like I was a kid again watching how they make crayons on Mr. Rogers. Anyways, it looked very complicated, I just never imagined that much work went into making lace back then.

The day was pretty fun but it was way too hot and way too crowded so we went over to Muse Music and got something to drink.

Tato had something to drink too.


For the 4th of July we went over to Terry's brother's house for a BBQ. Good times!




Tato had a ton off fun with her cousins (she really does love playing with other kids).

When it got dark we started lighting off fireworks. Amber got us these glowstick bracelets. Bracelet buddies!
Tank Wars was a tie this year becuase we gave the tie breaker round of tanks to Alyssa and Jordan. They were way excited about it! It was a close match but Jordan's tank won! Hope everyone had a great holiday!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Tato looks more like an angel than a fairy. That picture is so darling. When I went to Spain there were women making lace in the streets. They made it look so easy because they would just throw the spindles from one hand to the other. When I came home I started to learn a little but never continued with it. My friend, Marla, who also went to Spain with me, learned to make lace really well. I don't know if she still does it or not.

Tricia S. said...

Tato looks adorable! Oh I want a little girl. . .in 3-5 years ;)

I would've been like you with the lace thing. I've never even thought about how lace is made today yet alone back in Colonial times.

One mom said...

Wow, Tato has gotten so big! She makes an adorable fairy. Very cute.

Marsha said...

I'm just waiting for the birthday pictures.