Thursday, November 6, 2008

"I am certain there is too much certainty in the world."

This week my favorite author, Michael Crichton, died of cancer at the young age of 66. Very few of you know me well enough to know what this guy meant to me. I know most people just know him as the author of Jurassic Park, but he wrote so many other wonderful books and most people don't know anything about the many essays he wrote and speeches he gave. If/when they get his website up and running again, I urge you all to read some of the speeches he wrote. They are very insightful and full of interesting truths. Or, if that isn't your type of reading material, check out one of his many books at the library. They are fast paced, fun, and also full of interesting truths. Anyways, I just found out about this today so I thought I should say something on here because it is really affecting me.

No comments: